Skip to main content

My first post

It's 2017. My bed is positioned in a way that the morning rays hit half the bed. Earlier I used to sleep in a way that the rays hit my face directly so that I know it's morning. I had this idea that it would be an amazing feeling but trust me it's the most horrible thing you could do to yourself. So I started sleeping the other way round and let the sunrays hit my feet instead. Now that, feels amazing.

So it happened to me that I this morning I woke up much before the rays could actually make my feet warm and saw the golden rays coming in. I decided to do the most difficult thing during winter mornings. I decided to leave my cosy bed.

We have an easy chair. Not the traditional ones but the folding-easy to carry ones. It's pretty comfortable. We have kept it in our balcony. So I decided to sit there and write my first post.

But what do I want to write? Well, about the year 2016. So.... last new year, I drank a lot and was totally out. So the start of the new year was me sleeping in a cab on my way home. After I reached, my mom suggested that we go out for dinner (unaware of the fact that I'm dead drunk). So me, dad and mom, we go out and I take the back seat. We roam around, eat dinner, return and go off to sleep. Was I in a relationship then? Well I was struggling to understand myself. Technically no I wasn't but later somehow me and my girlfriend sorted the differences.

Anyway, so this year was pretty crucial for me. Why? I was planning to change my motorcycle. The market was full of newer motorcycles at cheaper prices but I knew I can't afford such a less price for mine as I had maintained it really hard. One fine day some guys came down to check my motorcycle and they were astonished by how my bike was both by looks and by the way it ran. So we closed the deal with them after very minor negotiation. I gifted him my helmet as a good gesture.

That very evening I met with a terrible accident on my car. A wrecked truck rammed my car from the left after skipping a stop signal. People around stared at me as if I'm a ghost when I came out of my car. And when I saw my car, yes I was surprised too as to how I'm alive and totally uninjured. Maybe because it was a Mitsubishi, I'm still alive. But where I'm heart broken is, the insurance company didn't clear the claim due to rubbish reasons which is why repairing the car became very impractical. So it's still there at a parking.

I traveled everywhere in public transport for a couple of months and then I got a new motorcycle. This one isn't as good looking as my previous one but is a pocket-rocket.

After two months of riding it, I rode to North Sikkim (Gurudongmar lake) and Bhutan on it and boy I am so happy. Riding motorcycles is like redemption to me. All my frustration, anger, agony that I store inside me gets redeemed when I ride. Nothing else matters to me then only the road ahead.

I had multiple promotions at workplace which is also a good thing. Completed a certification which was long due. Further to that we shifted to a new house which is absolutely great.

In addition to car crash there was another disaster which left me devastated. The end of my relationship. We were in a relationship for about three years. People have ups and downs in their lives, we had turbulence. But still we managed to push the flight through, but the time we broke up, I really didn't think we would. What was hard? To realise that my counterpart wouldn't come back to tell me that "It's ok we can work this out". There goes another long list of emotions, feelings, promises, dreams, all into the drain leaving me totally numb. I still miss her but I don't think the feeling is same anymore. Hence I thought to myself, if the existence of this relationship doesn't matter to her, why should I keep running after it? It's not mine alone. So instead, let's work on my setbacks and the first one I could think of is the way I look. Well that's pretty much the first thing anyone notices.

I am 5 feet 10 and I used to weigh around 48 kilos. I figured out this is where I need to start. So I bought some home workout equipments and started off. I looked up Google for all the different exercises that were possible using my equipments and started taking protein supplements. Its quite sometime now and I'm 68 kilos. People around tell me I look much more attractive. I feel that too when I wear my old clothes or buy new clothes. It feels so good when I see myself in pictures that others click.

Eventually I'm trying to fix the dents I created in my relationship with my friends. I've started talking to them, meeting them up, and yes it's improving.

So now that I am still sitting on my easy-chair, getting sunbathed, looking below the balcony to see a father teaching her daughter how to ride a bicycle, I think life is all about priorities and the process of working towards it. I think I'm better now. 2016 was a long year with so much that I have participated in and learnt. I am a totally different person now, but I think I am better. Even though there is a blank space in my life, even though I'm incomplete, I'm wiser. And for now, that matters to me.

Comments

  1. Amazing write up. Your love and support will always be remembered, fondly in good times, and as encouragement in bad. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My writing skills can never match yours. But thanks for reading and leaving a note. Means a lot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory of Red

Since childhood I have always been very fond of automobiles. My childhood days didn't have good looking motorcycles, but sure did have very beautiful cars. Among my favorites, I absolutely loved HM Contessa, Daewoo Cielo and Mitsubishi Lancer. So when I grew up and when it was time for me to buy my first car, I bought a black Mitsubishi Lancer. It was the fifth vehicle I've owned by then so I called it "Mark-5". What a car it is! It was low, with a long bonnet and seat as low as if you are sitting on the ground. It's said, once you drive a Mitsubishi, chances are you won't like another car again and I genuinely believe it's true. Soon after I bought the car, I started modifying it to my taste: cannon like muffler, leather wrap door panels, upgraded ICE (in-car entertainment), etc. With time I got all the mechanical issues fixed and then got it painted to Audi red and from then, I used to call her "Red"! God she was a looker!

On her 28th birthday

There's a lot in my mind, But the words I cannot find; There are so many women, But none of your kind. You're that one girl, I cannot get off my mind! The years spent with you, To my heart I'll bind. I had many plans for this day but I guess the best gift I can give you now is freedom. I don't doubt my love for you but it's not possible to see you suffer being with me. Maybe you were right, we were never meant to be together. Maybe we were only destined to uphold each other and bring a new meaning to life while making memories. I'll never try to look for you in anyone else because I know I will never find you anywhere other than my heart, and even though our journey has ended, I'll love you forever. I recall one dialogue from the movie Jasbaa, "Mohabbat thi isliye jaane diya... Zidd hoti toh baahon mein hoti." Wish you get every happiness in life ahead and succeed in every path you choose. Wish you the best of health and wish you get

A beautiful dream or a nightmare?

It all started as a timelapse of me travelling somewhere far, somewhere unknown, looking for something, or someone? I had no clue what. I saw myself traveling in a train, in a bus, on a boat, in an aeroplane and running across some random unknown streets. I could figure out I was somewhere far away from home. I was tired and I was running towards hope. Then I saw myself in front of a big field and across that was a mansion. I was standing there looking at it, restless, panting, breathless. I ran till the end of my breath and I entered a narrow passage which was one of the ways to reach the main entrance. When I came to the end of the passage, I saw her. She was standing there looking at me with a face beaming with smile. I was tired but I didn't know if what rolled down my cheek was my sweat or tear. She giggled seeing me and started going inside the mansion. I requested her to stop, as I was tired: not only physically but mostly emotionally. She giggled again and went past a