Skip to main content

Her

There are certain things in a person which get engraved into my mind and into my heart be it good or bad. It doesn't matter who that person is or what relationship I share with them but it's their those specific things like their smile, the way of talking, the way they laugh, the way they react to emotions, etc.

Ever since I was a kid, I mostly had female friends and that somehow is the reason why I was never worried about how to start a conversation with a female. I've seen guys almost pray to God before they spoke to girls or ended up over-speaking.

I always had this unique quality of observing. Maybe because I never talked much but yes I used to observe everything around me. My parents used to complain I don't socialize much with my friends and family but this somehow helped in developing a stronger common sense and gather more knowledge about day to day things around me.

I've always been in love with automobiles, and because of my keen observation qualities, I could even tell by looking at the wheels of a covered car about its make and model. I could tell from the sounds of different motorcycles which one they are.

Few years back, I was introduced to a lady. Short, average looking and totally messed up into herself. The first day we met she kind of over-spoke to me a lot. I could see that something was not in place but I couldn't figure out what.

After that day we spoke many more times and she eventually asked me out. It was a movie of her choice and honestly it was an extremely embarrassing movie. It felt more uncomfortable because we had met only once before. She neither had any idea that the movie would turn out to be like that but we both were glad it was over once it was.

She hugged me on my motorcycle while I was dropping her home that day and the way she hugged was as if she was handling something extremely fragile. That was different. And I knew she liked me by then.

Eventually she confessed about her feelings to me and with time we went into a relationship. It was a rollercoaster at the way through and unfortunately it's over, but there were moments which I recall everytime I think of what I've been through in those years, like for instance the hug I already talked about.

Whenever we used to go for any movie we held hands. She used to grab my arm like a pillow and try to find the comfort spot on my shoulder. I suppose she never found one as she would constantly keep shifting her head.

Whenever she sat behind me on my motorcycle, she would hug me from behind like a kid hugs their teddy bear. Firm and with full ownership.

I hated it when she smoked cigarettes not because I am gender biased but because I cared for her too much. I knew I couldn't stop her from smoking so I used to throw open-ended questions at her so that she keeps talking and the cigarette burns away. She knew she smoked a cigarette, I knew she only took two to three puffs. She will only realise this after she reads this I'm sure and maybe she would want to go back to those days and kill me for doing this.

She loved the glove boxes in my car so she would try to put everything she had inside them when we went on drives. In a way that was cool because I dislike things lying on the dashboard anyway.

There was one time we were going through a rough patch, she had her office party. I picked her up after that. She used to get drunk after having a couple of beers and that night was the funniest. While I was quiet she would shout at me why I was quiet. When I started talking she got furious again. In sometime she fell asleep with her mouth wide open. Gosh! That was so funny and cute both at the same time. I drove her back home, I stopped the car and kept staring at her. When she realised we stopped she woke up and got terribly angry with me as I didn't take her else where and buy her some mouth freshener.

Everytime we used to meet she used to blush. Blush so hard that I felt like kissing her right there.

There was this one time I had a weekoff and she had office. She didn't know about my weekoff so I went to pick her up from her place and drop her to work. When she saw me she was happy but she was sleepy. Later when she figured out she asked me if I am there to drop her to work. On my approval, she blushed. Boy it still makes me smile.

The first time we came close to each other, there was magic. We have been close several times after that but that one time is beyond my capabilities to express how beautiful the feeling was to be loved. I stayed awake mostly that night and she was sleeping in my arms. Everytime she woke up, she saw me staring at her. She smiled and she kissed me and then resumed to sleeping.

Once she had asked me to pick her up from office late at night. I reached and waited for her in my car. When she came and sat inside the car, a strong smell of her skin engulfed me. I was extremely high that very moment. So much that I didn't utter a word. She asked me many times if I was upset or sleepy, but I kept quiet and talked as less as I could. But the truth was I was addicted to the smell of her skin and that moment I wanted to make love to her.

I remember that another time we went on one of our common friend's marriage, and while she slept, I kept staring at her. We were into that same rough patch I earlier mentioned, and so I kept praying "I wish she hugs me" and after sometime she did. How I wished she woke up once to see me staring at her and kiss me just like the first time we were close. Believe it or not, after quite some time she actually did that.

Whenever she was hungry, she used to talk a lot. Whatever she spoke had no link to each other but she would constantly talk like a parrot. And that's when I knew she is hungry.

Life is one. These days a human being on an average lives about 60-70 years. We lose the early 18-20 years thinking when will we grow up. Most of the next 30-35 years we slog to earn our living. After we retire, we finally have time for ourselves but nobody else has time for us. Income becomes limited. Body becomes a depot of diseases and aches. In some more time, we are done. When do we live then? Through moments like these that are worth making you smile even when you are at your death bed, nothing in your body works and you're surrounded by useless bunch of people called 'relatives' who decide if finally your life support should be stopped or not, but your mind reminds you of the beautiful moments of your entire seventy years and you finally rest, in peace.

Comments

  1. She was not short. She had an average height, 5'3" precisely.
    She was not average looking. She looked very cute. :)

    For all the observation and always taking care of this messed up girl... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me feel all the more happy than that of the real instances. I am re-reading and smiling all by myself. Memories play a very important role in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you missed to observe them when they happened. Now that you are retrieving them from your memory and relating them you are feeling happy. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory of Red

Since childhood I have always been very fond of automobiles. My childhood days didn't have good looking motorcycles, but sure did have very beautiful cars. Among my favorites, I absolutely loved HM Contessa, Daewoo Cielo and Mitsubishi Lancer. So when I grew up and when it was time for me to buy my first car, I bought a black Mitsubishi Lancer. It was the fifth vehicle I've owned by then so I called it "Mark-5". What a car it is! It was low, with a long bonnet and seat as low as if you are sitting on the ground. It's said, once you drive a Mitsubishi, chances are you won't like another car again and I genuinely believe it's true. Soon after I bought the car, I started modifying it to my taste: cannon like muffler, leather wrap door panels, upgraded ICE (in-car entertainment), etc. With time I got all the mechanical issues fixed and then got it painted to Audi red and from then, I used to call her "Red"! God she was a looker!

On her 28th birthday

There's a lot in my mind, But the words I cannot find; There are so many women, But none of your kind. You're that one girl, I cannot get off my mind! The years spent with you, To my heart I'll bind. I had many plans for this day but I guess the best gift I can give you now is freedom. I don't doubt my love for you but it's not possible to see you suffer being with me. Maybe you were right, we were never meant to be together. Maybe we were only destined to uphold each other and bring a new meaning to life while making memories. I'll never try to look for you in anyone else because I know I will never find you anywhere other than my heart, and even though our journey has ended, I'll love you forever. I recall one dialogue from the movie Jasbaa, "Mohabbat thi isliye jaane diya... Zidd hoti toh baahon mein hoti." Wish you get every happiness in life ahead and succeed in every path you choose. Wish you the best of health and wish you get

A beautiful dream or a nightmare?

It all started as a timelapse of me travelling somewhere far, somewhere unknown, looking for something, or someone? I had no clue what. I saw myself traveling in a train, in a bus, on a boat, in an aeroplane and running across some random unknown streets. I could figure out I was somewhere far away from home. I was tired and I was running towards hope. Then I saw myself in front of a big field and across that was a mansion. I was standing there looking at it, restless, panting, breathless. I ran till the end of my breath and I entered a narrow passage which was one of the ways to reach the main entrance. When I came to the end of the passage, I saw her. She was standing there looking at me with a face beaming with smile. I was tired but I didn't know if what rolled down my cheek was my sweat or tear. She giggled seeing me and started going inside the mansion. I requested her to stop, as I was tired: not only physically but mostly emotionally. She giggled again and went past a