Skip to main content

The War Within

It's really devastating to be in a conflict, a conflict within yourself, a conflict between your mind and your heart, a conflict between hope and despair, a conflict where you don't know what's the right thing to do. You know deep down in your heart one day everything will be alright but you don't know what's that "alright"! Why this conflict?

It all starts with you giving your everything to someone and then suddenly find out that you are not good enough, not good enough to keep that one person happy who means everything to you, that one person for whom you can happily jump off a cliff but you don't know if anything at all you do will make that person happy. And do you want to see the person sad? Definitely not because you see you consider that person your world and you don't want your world to be sad. So what to do? Try or let go?

It pains to realise your efforts are not even close to enough. You fail to understand if your efforts are even acknowledged.

You don't know if you should run back to that person and cry your heart out or if you should stay strong and hide all your pain. You see, it becomes pretty difficult when the same person is the both your pain and your drug/painkiller, you don't know which one is stronger, the cause or the remedy?

It's like walking on the edge with eyes closed. You try to balance yourself and not fall but again you don't know if you fall whether you will fall on the floor or you will fall storeys down? If you fall on the floor you don't know if you will hit the floor or some object that could injure you more? You don't know if that one person would be there to catch you or not if you fall? You don't know if you fall off storeys, whether you will have a peaceful death or a disabled life?

Someone once quoted "Unless it's mad, passionate and extraordinary love, it is waste of my time". Somehow it feels in search of this maddening and extraordinary love, we often oversee genuine love which itself is so rare these days, because we expect it to be more and more no matter how much we already have. After all, everything which is extraordinary today will become ordinary tomorrow, everything which is maddening today, will become usual tomorrow. Love isn't a product we sell to the consumers that you need to keep improvising and innovating! Or is it?

Nobody is perfect, everyone has flaws which is why there will always be both contentment and disappointments, but are those disappointments worth leaving behind someone we truly love? Someone we call our home? I thought no matter how big or small, pretty or ugly, we never abandon our home! I thought if something in our home doesn't work the way it should we fix it rather than moving out! Is your home so worthless and so broken that you can't fix it?

Once I read somewhere, someone else can't give happiness to you or me, they can only do their part by being genuine, true, responsible, respectful, loyal and caring. We have to find our ways of being happy. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. Maybe I'm really not enough - maybe I really cannot give happiness to that one person or is it that the one person can't find happiness in me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory of Red

Since childhood I have always been very fond of automobiles. My childhood days didn't have good looking motorcycles, but sure did have very beautiful cars. Among my favorites, I absolutely loved HM Contessa, Daewoo Cielo and Mitsubishi Lancer. So when I grew up and when it was time for me to buy my first car, I bought a black Mitsubishi Lancer. It was the fifth vehicle I've owned by then so I called it "Mark-5". What a car it is! It was low, with a long bonnet and seat as low as if you are sitting on the ground. It's said, once you drive a Mitsubishi, chances are you won't like another car again and I genuinely believe it's true. Soon after I bought the car, I started modifying it to my taste: cannon like muffler, leather wrap door panels, upgraded ICE (in-car entertainment), etc. With time I got all the mechanical issues fixed and then got it painted to Audi red and from then, I used to call her "Red"! God she was a looker!

On her 28th birthday

There's a lot in my mind, But the words I cannot find; There are so many women, But none of your kind. You're that one girl, I cannot get off my mind! The years spent with you, To my heart I'll bind. I had many plans for this day but I guess the best gift I can give you now is freedom. I don't doubt my love for you but it's not possible to see you suffer being with me. Maybe you were right, we were never meant to be together. Maybe we were only destined to uphold each other and bring a new meaning to life while making memories. I'll never try to look for you in anyone else because I know I will never find you anywhere other than my heart, and even though our journey has ended, I'll love you forever. I recall one dialogue from the movie Jasbaa, "Mohabbat thi isliye jaane diya... Zidd hoti toh baahon mein hoti." Wish you get every happiness in life ahead and succeed in every path you choose. Wish you the best of health and wish you get

A beautiful dream or a nightmare?

It all started as a timelapse of me travelling somewhere far, somewhere unknown, looking for something, or someone? I had no clue what. I saw myself traveling in a train, in a bus, on a boat, in an aeroplane and running across some random unknown streets. I could figure out I was somewhere far away from home. I was tired and I was running towards hope. Then I saw myself in front of a big field and across that was a mansion. I was standing there looking at it, restless, panting, breathless. I ran till the end of my breath and I entered a narrow passage which was one of the ways to reach the main entrance. When I came to the end of the passage, I saw her. She was standing there looking at me with a face beaming with smile. I was tired but I didn't know if what rolled down my cheek was my sweat or tear. She giggled seeing me and started going inside the mansion. I requested her to stop, as I was tired: not only physically but mostly emotionally. She giggled again and went past a